Saturday, September 24, 2011

Endless Courses Under Jordanian Skies

Mmm... I went to Jordan for work this week as we prepare to break ground on a Lutheran retreat center at the Baptismal Site at Bethany-beyond-the-Jordan (yup, that's a mouthful) and ended up being served a most amazing Lebanese meal at an open-air restaurant designed by our architect.

There's no way I could remember every dish and course we were served, and so I bummed my colleague's iPhone off of him (gadget envy) and snapped a few pictures of the night (below).

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The most interesting food of the evening had to be the dish of tiny birds (last two photos on the bottom right). I don't think I want to know what kind of bird I ate, but my dinner mates suggested lemon juice, a bit of salt, and an all-at-once method. They asked me afterwards what I thought. The only response I could think of was "crunchy".

After so much food, I don't think I really ate at all the next day, and likely wouldn't have needed to eat for a week. But it was oh-so-yummy.

(from what I can remember, l-r: (top) main course, appetizer salads, olive tree above us, the never-ending-glass-of-Arak, (middle) shrimp, dinner mates (aka colleagues), more appetizer salads including raw kebab meat, (bottom) main course meats, desserts, tiny bird, Elly eating the tiny bird)

A very sated
Elly

No comments:

Post a Comment