Thursday, June 9, 2011

Live from Geneva...

Hello Dear Friends!

Well, here I am in Geneva, Switzerland for the week and wanted to let you know that the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) 2011 Council meeting is underway 9-14 June 2011! And, crazily enough, they asked me to come and help out for the week with the super-awesome Communications staff. So, here I am, "reporting from Geneva..."

I don't know if I'll have time to blog, but, here's yet another reason to sign up for the ELCJHL News list to follow what I'm doing by accompanying the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land!

Click here to subscribe!!! (I promise lots of Elly-ness).

Wondering what the ELCJHL has to do with the LWF? Well, besides being one of the member churches of the LWF, the bishop of the ELCJHL, Bishop Dr Munib A. Younan was elected to the presidency of the LWF at the LWF Eleventh General Assembly in Stuttgart, Germany in July 2010. So, we, the ELCJHL, Bishop Younan, and Elly-by-extension have a lot to do with the LWF.

But, even if I didn't get to have fun hanging out and doing communications with the LWF for the week, it would still be an amazing communion of Lutheran churches to check out!

So, I invite you to:

1) Subscribe to the ELCJHL news list for updates!
2) Visit www.lutheranworld.org a lot this week, and
3) Well, I don't know if I have a '3', but wanted one anyways...

Peace,
Elly

ps-I forgot my room key at the Ecumenical Center tonight, and so I had to walk back to get it. As I waited outside the door for Terri to come and let me in, I had the pleasure of watching a spider spin a web--very cool! And then, as there was no one around to think me crazy and because my feet hurt, I took off my shoes and walked back to the John Knox Center barefoot.

pps-look out for a post soon inviting you to join the blogging journey from the Haiti Focus Week at Holden Village 18-25 June!

Goodnight all; sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment